Privacy StatementeLandscape Inc. (herein “Publisher”) respects the privacy of all visitors to the eLandscape Website (“Website”). By visiting and using the Website, and/or using the services avaialbe thru the website or mobile App, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”). eLandscape gathers and uses your personal and non-personal information when you visit this website: www.eLandscape.com, and/or the Mobile App. The Publisher reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time by notifying visitors to this website of the existence of a new Privacy Statement.
What Information do we collect?We do not collect personal information about you unless you specifically and knowingly provide such information to us. Instances where we may collect such information include:
- Where you have entered one of our contest promotions;
- Where you have posted a project on the website or App;
- Where you have subscribed to our newsletter; or
- Where you have disclosed personally identifiable information on blogs, forums, e-mail, or feedback forms.
Collection of Information Through Username/Password SystemSome parts of the Publisher website will ask you to provide us with the above-mentioned personal information along with a username and password. This username and password allows you to participate in certain online activities such as contests, promotions or our free online services. When it is necessary to contact you in connection with a particular online activity, this username and password is cross-referenced against the personal information you provided when you initially registered for the username and password.
What do we use your information for?Personal Information is only used by the Publisher for the purposes stated at the time of collection or as otherwise set out in this section. If you have participated in an online activity, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent. We may ask for your permission to use your personal information for other purposes; for example, to send you an e-mail newsletter or for marketing purposes. We will only use this information for these purposes if you have provided us with consent by "opting-in" during the user registration process. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To evaluate and conduct a business relationship with you, including Find A Pro search or Get Estimates;
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs); and
- To send periodic promotional or information emails
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any Personal Information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In some instances, we use outside parties to administer contests, promotions, and other online activities on our behalf. This may involve the collection of personal information. In such cases, we ensure that the way in which any outside party collects and retains personal information conforms to our privacy regime. There may also be instances in which we are required by law to provide personal information without your consent. Such instances include emergency situations, or where required by governmental or other legal order. In such a case, we will tell you for what purpose such information will be disclosed and we will ask for your consent to "opt-in". If you want to share your personal information, you will have to respond affirmatively. If you do not respond, by default, we will assume that you do not want to be involved and your information will not be sold, rented, shared with or otherwise made available to outside parties.
SecurityPublisher combines technical and physical safeguards with employee policies and procedures to protect your information. We work to protect your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information that you provide online at our Website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, continue to assess new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, upgrade our information security systems. Further, we permit only authorized Publisher employees to access any Personal Information that you supply to us. If an employee misuses Personal Information, we will take disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
What Else You Need to Know About Privacy at eLandscape.comeLandscape Inc websites are committed to maintaining and protecting your privacy as a visitor to this website; however, we remind you that the internet is not a secure medium. As such, your privacy cannot be guaranteed when you communicate online or otherwise visit any website. The nature of internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. For more information about Publisher's privacy regime or on how to contact the Privacy Officer of the Publisher, email@example.com.
- eLandscape's Contractor Privacy Pledge -
- We will protect your information as carefully as our own sensitive information;
- We will use the data and documents you entrust to us only for the purpose of the Verification process, and to match leads within your service area (“business purpose”);
- We will safeguard your information just as we do our own;
- We will contact you only for reasons associated with the business purpose, and not to sell any other product or service